It was a bit of work but the result is amazing.
We developed a component to connect Google Calendar with Xibo. The module is a webbased program and you can change the source and css files. The module also works good on a website or you can connect the data from Google Calendar with other CMS components.
- Load the program as a webpage in Xibo
- Change the CSS files to get your own look
- Display all activities from one day
- After 15 minutes (or otherwise configured) form the startingtime the activity will no longer be displayed
- It is a ideal solution for non- or notforprofit organizations and commercial companies with meetings, activities in many rooms.
- To install this, first of all make sure that all the folder in which this file resides is in a webroot of your choosing, and that permissions are set to make it accessible from the web.
- You will need to acquire an API key from Google to enable this app. If you already have one, feel free to use it instead at the following steps and carry on from there.
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com.
- Look in the API library for the Google Calendar API
- See below how to create an API.
- You can enter one or more IP addresses from which the use of the key will be allowed. You may also leave it blank to allow any IP address to use the API key.
- Place the files in the Calendar directory (\calendar) on the server with Xibo
- Copy and paste the newly created API key into the config.ini.php file, under api, api_key.
- Also in the config.ini.php file, enter the calendar id of the public calendar for which activities are to be displayed. This ID can be found in the calendar’s settings on Google Calendar.
- Set the display-after_start (for example “15M” is 15 minutes after start ends the activity on the screen. “-1” shows the activities the whole day).
- Set the CSS to your taste.
How to order?
The component cost $ 49,-
After payment we send the software in 3hr. Please send also your name and emailadress to email@example.com
(Sorry we can not directly send you the software, soon we let the payment via Avantgate)